Face it – no matter what you do, there will be people in this world that won’t like you just because you are you. If you don’t have haters, you need to get some. If no one is talking about the things you’re doing, then that means not enough people know.
Here are a few things I try to practice when dealing with my haters:
- Don’t try to figure them out and don’t let their problem become your problem. Don’t waste your time trying to figure out why or how you ‘win’ them over. Those that are supposed to like you will – just for you!
- Move forward and turn the negative into positive. How? Let the haters drive you. You don’t want them to be right, right? You don’t want people to see you and then believe them, right? Move forward with your goals and plans and block out what haters are saying about you. Let your actions speak for themselves.
- Use the negativity to help you grow. Don’t get angry. Don’t ‘hate’ them back. In fact, kill them with authentic compliments (if youare able). Believe me, it works!
- Realize haters are indicators of your success. Nobody notices stars that don’t shine. If you’re being criticized, you’re being noticed. Noticeability is a good thing in business.
- Haters help you recognize those people that are truly in your corner. If they are hating, then certainly they are not a part of your true tribe. Those are the people you want to recognize and weed out.
- Focus on your goals, not on persuading haters to like you. Again, let your work speak for itself.
- Forgive – YES! YOU HEARD ME! Forgiving haters releases the negative energy and allows you to more easily move forward in life. Dwelling on the hurt or disappointment only allows the negative energy to surround you and that’s not the energy you need on the path of success!